Challenging and rewarding software development role to support sustained development to Genetesis medical device software and the Faraday Analytical Cloud Platform. This role includes designing, developing, and testing user-driven features, performing code reviews on your peers’ code, working with deployment team to continuously improve applications. In this role, we will provide technical expertise to one or more projects relating to Genetesis devices at an innovative, young, and growing company. In this role, you will work in a passionate, fast-paced, and rewarding company environment with expectations to deliver quality work in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Contributing the whole application lifecycle by participate in architecture and interface design sessions, in order to perform test driven development best practices
- Developing functional and fast-responsive backend applications, by building in actionable metrics to constantly improve applications
- Designing and fleshing out technical specifications for features you are responsible for, based of user need interpretation.
- Updating/maintaining REST API upon integrated changes into master branches, when applicable
- Writing clean, understandable and efficient code following company coding standards. Keeping your peer’s accountable via code reviews.
- Use your technical expertise and knowledge of medical software development to drive or generate technical deliverables, engineering documentation, product requirements and test method development
- Generate supporting documentation, reports, and implement testing during projects to support internal and external regulatory and quality demands
- Work with and help improve application lifecycle management system for design control maintenance
- Work cross functionally with regulatory, quality, IT Operations, and R&D personnel to achieve company goals and initiatives, as needed
- Work adaptively in a fast-paced small team environment with aggressive deadlines
- Travel to offsite locations as required for prototyping, site deployments, and technical support
Experience and Skills:
- 3 + years professional experience in software development
- Fluent in server-side programming languages: Django Python, Ruby on Rails, Java Spring, ASP.NET, etc.
- Fluent understanding of SQL/NoSQL Database technologies: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Fluent in server-technologies: Nginx, Apache, etc.
- Proficient in web technologies microservices: AWS, Docker, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Basic knowledge of continuous deployment technologies: Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, etc.
- Basic knowledge of operating systems: Linux/UNIX, Windows
- Knowledge and familiarity of design and development processes for software engineering.
- Strong organization, time management, communication, and strategic thinking skills