Cross - Functional Engineering role,requiring employee to define, design, and implement both hardware and software design of embedded electrical systems in Genetesis medical devices and R&D initiatives. Candidate will take ownership for system level implementation of electrical components, creation of firmware/machine-related software, and testing to relevant medical standards for both hardware and software. Will be responsible for technical guidance and mentorship of other engineers throughout development and manufacturing projects. Will work in a small team environment at a fast paced, rewarding company with expectations to deliver quality work in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Design, Test, and Improve both embedded and electronic systems (primarily simple power/electromechanical), architecture, firmware, and printed circuit boards (PCBs)
• Manage and lead prototyping activities in the context of design and development projects from conceptualization to build to verification/validation
• Develop highly reliable embedded software and computer controls as well as corresponding embedded hardware solutions
• Owning, supporting, and controlling evolving design specifications, documentation, portions of a software code base, & high-level electrical
drawings of Genetesis components, systems, and medical devices. Work with management and other engineers to build new products as well as support products already in production while maintaining and owning portions of the design history file and design history record throughout new releases
• Generate supporting documentation, reports, and implement testing during projects to support internal and external regulatory and quality demands
• Provide technical support and assessment for manufacturing, suppliers, and customers while working cross functionally with quality, manufacturing, and R&D personnel to achieve company initiatives
• Development and execution of test and evaluation methodologies for Genetesis devices; creation of fixtures, protocols and procedures, as per quality management and regulatory requirements. Analog and digital circuit analysis and troubleshooting to specific IEC 60601 medical electrical standards.
Experience and Skills:
• At least 10 years professional experience in embedded systems/electronics engineering, preferably in medical devices that integrate hardware and software in electromechanical systems
• Development of software and/or firmware drivers for high precision applications, knowledge of C/C++ and Python. Experience with algorithm design and implementation.
• Experience with microcontroller architecture, digital circuit design, and various communication protocols such as SPI, USB, I2C, UART, etc. Knowledge of control systems and h
ardware programming (e.g.., VHDL, ladder logic, etc.)
• Designing, Assembling, evaluating, testing and troubleshooting analog and digital circuitry, EMI mitigation measures and systems of sub-assemblies using IEC 60601 standards. Familiarity with Oscilloscope, PCB Design (e.g., Altium, Cadenc
e), Spectrum/Logic Analyzer.
• A good candidate has: strong abstraction, analytical, multitasking, and problem-solving skills. An absolute self-starter and self-motivated. Quality conscious and Process Oriented. Excellent communication and collaborative skills with both internal team members and external partners.